February 22, 2012

Earth Day every day

One of my favorite hobbies is imagining ways to reuse things, for the environment's sake.

Recently, my sewing basket of 20-some years failed. The wicker snapped in the back (not seen in photo) of the hinged lid. I couldn't fix it and make it look good. The parts poking out could have scratched anyone using the basket.


What if I removed the lid and saved the rest?

If it couldn't be a sewing basket any more, what else could it be?

Maybe a plant pot cover. But what plant pot would fit? Several small round ones? Would the plants look lost?

Later that day, I gathered the week's recyclables. Look what was among them:


A salad box. Yes, occasionally when life really gets too busy with family activities or good work, I'm guilty of buying salad boxes instead of lettuce.


All the box needs is a few holes at the bottom to let water drip out.

And plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment